Health Ambassador Program
The Health Ambassadors attended summer meals across San Bernardino County, providing community members
with health education, COVID-19 Over-the-Counter Test Kits, and enrichment activities.
San Bernardino County recognizes that people in the community still have questions and concerns regarding COVID-19.
You can request one of our Health Ambassador Teams to provide an educational presentation to your group or request a team to table at your event.
COVID-19 Health Ambassador Program
Do you have questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine?
Are you looking for a reliable presentation on COVID-19?
Are you having an event and looking for resources on COVID-19?
The Health Ambassadors are here to support!
Our presentations and educational materials are effective at educating the community.
What is a Health Ambassador?
Health Ambassadors are a team of public health professionals that provide COVID-19-related outreach and education in the community. Our mission:
To be trusted public health messengers and engage in conversations with County residents in targeted at-risk communities to provide education and increase awareness of COVID-19 prevention strategies, vaccination opportunities, and provide residents with the most up-to-date data on COVID-19 throughout San Bernardino County.
In-Person or Virtual Presentations
Teams can conduct in-person or virtual presentations on topics including:
- Children’s Hand Washing Presentations
- Latest COVID-19 prevention information and guidance
- COVID-19 testing facts and latest updates
- COVID-19 vaccination facts and latest updates
- School site-specific COVID-19 guidance and regulations
Presentations can be conducted in-person or virtually through Zoom or Microsoft Teams. All presentations can be given in both English and Spanish. We can also provide the presentations in other languages with an advanced request.
If your topic isn’t listed above, please do not hesitate to ask.
Community Outreach and Informational Booths
Teams are available to attend local events to provide information, answer frequently asked questions about COVID-19, and provide OTC COVID-19 test kits, while supplies last.
General outreach includes activities such as:
Distribution of flyers, brochures and other educational materials.
Locations for informational booths include:
- Malls or stores
- City events
- Farmers markets
- Resource and health fairs
- School events
- And more!
COVID-19 Vaccine-Related Educational Materials
- CDPH Pfizer BioNTech (Comirnaty) Vaccine Factsheet
- CDPH Moderna (Spikevax) Vaccine Factsheet
- CDPH Vaccination is Recommended for People Aged 6 Months and Older
- Why Your Child Needs a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Tips for Talking to Others About Your COVID-19 Vaccine (English flyer)
- Tips for Talking to Others About Your COVID-19 Vaccine (Spanish flyer)
- How to Access Your Digital Vaccine Record (Poster)
- How to Access Your Digital Vaccine Record (Spanish Poster)
- Myths and Facts About the COVID-19 Vaccines (Brochure)
- Myths and Facts About the COVID-19 Vaccines (Spanish Brochure)
- Why do I need a COVID-19 Booster? (English Flyer)
- Why do I need a COVID-19 Booster? (Spanish Flyer)
General COVID-19 Information
- COVID-19 Therapeutics Myth and Facts (English)
- COVID-19 Therapeutics Myth and Facts (Spanish)
- What is long COVID? (English)
- What is long COVID? (Spanish)
- Call the San Bernardino County COVID-19 Hotline (Flyer in English and Spanish)
- Caring for a Sick Household Member (Flyer in English and Spanish)
- Protect You and Your Family Against COVID-19 (Flyer in English and Spanish)
- Host a Mobile Event
- County OTC COVID-19 Test Kit Sites
- County COVID-19 Vaccine Sites
- Pregnancy and the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Which Vaccine Is Right For Me? (English)
- Which Vaccine Is Right For Me? (Spanish)
- CDPH Guidance for Vaccination During Pregnancy
- CDPH Guidance for Breastfeeding During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Misc-C Handout Frequently Asked Questions
COVID-19 For Pediatric Health
- COVID-19 Vaccine Timing Flyer
- How to Test Your Student for COVID-19 as They Return from Break (English)
- How to Test Your Student for COVID-19 as They Return from Break (Spanish)
- VA58 Activity Sheets
- COVID-19 Risk Comparison for Youth 5-11 years old (English Flyer)
- Benefits of the COVID-19 Vaccine (Spanish Flyer)
COVID-19 Treatments FAQ
- COVID-19 Treatment FAQs
- Accessing COVID-19 Treatment (English)
- Accessing COVID-19 Treatment (Spanish)
- CDPH COVID-19 Treatments Q&A Flyer
- Who Should Take COVID-19 Treatments?